What can we do? | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Safety 

start a new discussion

What can we do?

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
52 views 1 replies latest reply: 18 April 2017
Photo
Other

OKay so me and my flat mate lived in a student flat for around 5-6 months. (September to march). During our time there, there was a leak above the floor heating box that completely fried it. This left us with no heating throghout all the winter perioud despite us telling him about it. Also The leak created mold all over the wall in the fuse cuppard and made it’s way into the kitched and behind the fridge. We could not do anything about the mold as the leak was coming from upstairs. When someone was sent out to it He sais it was very lucky the fuses were off as this could have started a fire. He gave us a urgent danger notice and never came back. About 3 months after being there both me and my flatmate became very ill. We looked up the symptoms and guess what… Mold played a big part it in. So we were fed up and decided to move out. Now a month after moving out the landlord has cheak to ask up for money to repeair stupid parts of the property that werent out fault (EG broken light bulbs) Is there anything we can do? Luckily our deposit covers most of what he is asking for but imo it was a death trap.

Thanks in advance

Photo
Tenant

Hello, 

You can dispute all charges through the deposit scheme. The ADR process is free and will look into the problem as if it was a court case. The landlord has to sufficiently prove they are entitled to compensation for these repairs or they get no juice. 

It’s an extended procedure, but you should come out relatively clean at the end. 

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply

Right Sidebar ads