Accidental. Damage | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Repairs 

start a new discussion

Accidental. Damage

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
309 views 1 replies latest reply: 10 November 2016

I accidentally rolled my car into the side of the wall of the house which damage the car and a part of the wall. Do I have it repaired or must my landlord use his home insurance?thanks

Move on a budget !

Save 10% on any home service !

..when you book with Fantastic Services. Enter your details and claim your discount! We'll send you the code over email. Minimum charges, T&C apply.

Fantastic Services

Contact the landlord and tell them what happened. Explain them it was an accident and ask what is the best way to proceed. In any case, you pay the bill, to whoever comes to repair it. 

When you’ve caused substantial damage to the property, the best way to handle is it involve the landlord first. Otherwise, you may have extended costs as a dispute with the landlord may result in you paying for more work or redos.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply