Agent Taking pictures without asking | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Eviction and notice 

start a new discussion

Agent Taking pictures without asking

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
369 views 1 replies latest reply: 12 March 2017

I have just gone, onto the website where our house is listed for rental, our agent had taken pictures inside with all our possessions in view without informing us he was doing (he did it when we were not there, but had only given permission to view the property) the question can they do it, and can I get them removed or are they allowed, I know we are moving but I don’t to get awkward but there’s nothing stopping them reusing them if the next moves on, also I don’t post things like this on social media so I don’t like the thought of my possessions being all over the internet.

Get up to £120 in discounts !

Save 10% on 25+ services for your home and garden when you book with Fantastic Services !

Book now and use promo code FTTV10* to receive 10% OFF the price of 25+ services for your home and garden !

Get 10% OFF the price of your service with our promocode:

  • 10% OFF End of tenancy cleaning
  • 10% OFF Removals
  • 10% OFF Handyman services
  • 10% OFF Garden Maintenance
  • 10% OFF Carpet cleaning
  • 10% OFF 25+ more services for your home and garden

*Use code: FTTV10 to get 10% OFF all services (Excluding Locksmith Services).

Minimum charges and T&C apply! Can not be combined with other offers and discounts. No expiry date.



Being that this is relevant to your private life, I think you have the right to request the agent to remove all photos from their website and property marketing portals and social media accounts and to delete them from their hard drives and servers. 

These photos were made without consent (consent was given to view the property). If your letting agent declines threaten court action for harassment and invasion of privacy and seek a solicitor’s advice.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply