Anti social behaviour | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

start a new discussion

Anti social behaviour

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
611 views 1 replies latest reply: 18 July 2014


Just wonder if somebody could advice our family.
Myself and my wife we are currently renting a 1bedroom flat in a block of flats. My wife at the moment is pregnant and I am doing night shift so at the time of the incident she was on her own while I was at work.

Our neighbor is causing lots of problems to us since she moved in. Every 2nd Saturday she is partying and shouting/screaming in the corridors with her mates, I spoke to her once asking to be more quite but that did not help. Last Saturday, there was a massive fight in our corridor, they all were drunks, all were shouting and screaming on each other and all begun to fight. There was loads of blood everywhere in the corridor on the walls/carpets/lifts etc etc. Police was involved with guns etc. As far as I know there was drugs involved in all this as well. Because My pregnant wife was at home she has witnessed everything and the other day she had to give a statement to the police.

In this instance what as a tenants we could do ? Ideally, I want that our agency would find us a different place to live with no additional cost in others terms rehousing. Before I go to them with such a request I thought I will ask you for help. If they will not offer any other options I am ready to go and ask solicitors to help us and if needs be bring this case to a court as I am not going to allow that my pregnant wife lives next to such a neighbour while on her own when I am at work. Please advice.

Get up to £120 in discounts !

Save 10% on 25+ services for your home and garden when you book with Fantastic Services !

Book now and use promo code FTTV10* to receive 10% OFF the price of 25+ services for your home and garden !

Get 10% OFF the price of your service with our promocode:

  • 10% OFF End of tenancy cleaning
  • 10% OFF Removals
  • 10% OFF Handyman services
  • 10% OFF Garden Maintenance
  • 10% OFF Carpet cleaning
  • 10% OFF 25+ more services for your home and garden

*Use code: FTTV10 to get 10% OFF all services (Excluding Locksmith Services).

Minimum charges and T&C apply! Can not be combined with other offers and discounts. No expiry date.


Thank you for posting in our forum. I am very sorry to hear of your situation; it must be incredibly stressful for you and your wife.

The Citizens Advice Bureau website has detailed advice regarding how to deal with anti-social behaviour, but there is only a brief mention of victims being rehoused.

Advice includes:

• getting the landlord to take action
• getting the local authority to take action
• getting the police to take action
• take action yourself, including going to court if you want compensation or an order to stop the behaviour from recurring

Here is a link to their website:

Your neighbour is undoubtedly breaking the rules of their tenancy agreement – they should be evicted for causing such nuisance and stress to other tenants; in which case you would not have to be the ones to move. However this can take time and clearly you want to be out of this situation as quickly as possible.

It would be very beneficial for you to contact an advisor at the Citizens Advice Bureau. You should also keep detailed records of all incidents of anti-social behaviour including dates and times. Do write a letter to your landlord and letting agent regarding the anti-social behaviour with details of the recent experience as well as any information you have regarding police involvement; all complaints concerning anti-social behaviour must be taken seriously by the landlord.

Here is the link to locating your nearest advisor:

All the best for a quick resolution.

Disclaimer: This information is derived from personal experience and should not be relied upon as a definitive or accurate interpretation of the law.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply