Bad maintenance in house share | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Landlords and letting agents 

start a new discussion

Bad maintenance in house share

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
410 views 2 replies latest reply: 09 January 2017

I moved in my house share on 24/3/16 yes all repairs was fixed within few weeks after I reported it in on the letting agent maintenance website.

Soon as I reported another issue with a broken extractor fan in my end suite in my room and not been working since mid April 16 I was given advice by housing enforcement team for works to be carried out 28 days still nothing we in January now plus I also unsafe boiler which nearly killed me twice by fumes and a gas engineer condemned it twice and another contractor gets it fixed.

Now I am fed up with the letting agent as I had excuse after excuse promising sod all I getting to the stage I had enough.

Please help as want go further to complain.

Get up to £120 in discounts !

Save 10% on 25+ services for your home and garden when you book with Fantastic Services !

Book now and use promo code FTTV10* to receive 10% OFF the price of 25+ services for your home and garden !

Get 10% OFF the price of your service with our promocode:

  • 10% OFF End of tenancy cleaning
  • 10% OFF Removals
  • 10% OFF Handyman services
  • 10% OFF Garden Maintenance
  • 10% OFF Carpet cleaning
  • 10% OFF 25+ more services for your home and garden

*Use code: FTTV10 to get 10% OFF all services (Excluding Locksmith Services).

Minimum charges and T&C apply! Can not be combined with other offers and discounts. No expiry date.


Go back to Housing Enforcement


If a gas engineer has condemned your boiler TWICE, you should really not use it ! 

I realise this is your only means of getting hot water, but getting toasted is not worth it. 

Write a final letter before action to your landlord. Include ALL the problems in detail and give them 48 hours to take action or you’re going to the Environmental Health department. 

If they don’t comply, go back to the Environmental Health Deparment a.k.a Housing Enforcement, or whatever they call it in your local council and file a complaint and request an inspection be made to your property. 

The EH should send an inspector to validate your complaints. Post the inspection the council will serve your landlord with an improvement notice, ordering them to fix the problems or expect a big fine in their mail next time. 

Here is some reading info:

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply