Can a student tenant designate a parent as a representative | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Tenancy agreements 

start a new discussion

Can a student tenant designate a parent as a representative

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
133 views 1 replies latest reply: 10 August 2017


Can I give a letting agency the authority to speak to one of my parents over any issues that I have with my tenancy? I live in a shared student let and gave the letting agency/management company authority to speak to my parents over an issue with the bed in my room but they refused to speak to my parents.

Get up to £120 in discounts !

Save 10% on 25+ services for your home and garden when you book with Fantastic Services !

Book now and use promo code FTTV10* to receive 10% OFF the price of 25+ services for your home and garden !

Get 10% OFF the price of your service with our promocode:

  • 10% OFF End of tenancy cleaning
  • 10% OFF Removals
  • 10% OFF Handyman services
  • 10% OFF Garden Maintenance
  • 10% OFF Carpet cleaning
  • 10% OFF 25+ more services for your home and garden

*Use code: FTTV10 to get 10% OFF all services (Excluding Locksmith Services).

Minimum charges and T&C apply! Can not be combined with other offers and discounts. No expiry date.


Since you’re the legal tenant, the agency is probably within their right. 

I guess if your parents provide a letter of attorney, signed by you giving them the authority to represent you, they might be able to. 

But the above is much bigger hassle than just you playing the middle man and forwarding the communication between your parents and your letting agent. 

I really don’t get it though, since you’re the tenant who lives there and you should be able to communicate the problem better than your parents. 


Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply