Chipped window from passing traffic outside of property | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Tenant responsibilities 

start a new discussion

Chipped window from passing traffic outside of property

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
143 views 1 replies latest reply: 27 June 2017


I have just moved home and been notified by my deposit Scotland that the letting agent wants £90 for a chipped window. I have since inspected the chip, taken photos and a video and it’s clearly been from the outside of the property. The house was basically on the main road and was very busy. 

Is this my responsibility to pay for this? 

Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance. 


Get up to £120 in discounts !

Save 10% on 25+ services for your home and garden when you book with Fantastic Services !

Book now and use promo code FTTV10* to receive 10% OFF the price of 25+ services for your home and garden !

Get 10% OFF the price of your service with our promocode:

  • 10% OFF End of tenancy cleaning
  • 10% OFF Removals
  • 10% OFF Handyman services
  • 10% OFF Garden Maintenance
  • 10% OFF Carpet cleaning
  • 10% OFF 25+ more services for your home and garden

*Use code: FTTV10 to get 10% OFF all services (Excluding Locksmith Services).

Minimum charges and T&C apply! Can not be combined with other offers and discounts. No expiry date.


No, it is not your responsibility. 

If the chip is caused by external sources, it’s as if an act of God. You have no responsibility for 3rd parties who are not your guests or are not there by your invitation. 

Dispute the deduction and go to ADR, if you need to. Check our deposit return guide for more information –

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply