Council Tax Help | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Roles and responsibilities 

start a new discussion

Council Tax Help

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
109 views 0 replies


So I am a 18 year old full-time univeristy student. I am soon going to rent, with the help of my parents, a flat for myself. 

However, I dont want to live alone and my boyfriend is very likely going to come to live with me. Also, he would work, so he would have to pay for the 75% of the total amount for the council tax. My future landlord told me that I can bring home whoever I want and for as long as I might please. However, I dont want to tell him because I am afraid that he might tell my parents.

Is there any possible way for my boyfriend to pay council tax without my landlord, nor my parents knowing about it? Should he create a new council tax account or should he use mine? 

Please let me know as soon as possible

Thank you very much in advance. 

All the best, 


Get up to £120 in discounts !

Save 10% on 25+ services for your home and garden when you book with Fantastic Services !

Book now and use promo code FTTV10* to receive 10% OFF the price of 25+ services for your home and garden !

Get 10% OFF the price of your service with our promocode:

  • 10% OFF End of tenancy cleaning
  • 10% OFF Removals
  • 10% OFF Handyman services
  • 10% OFF Garden Maintenance
  • 10% OFF Carpet cleaning
  • 10% OFF 25+ more services for your home and garden

*Use code: FTTV10 to get 10% OFF all services (Excluding Locksmith Services).

Minimum charges and T&C apply! Can not be combined with other offers and discounts. No expiry date.

start a new discussion

Post a reply