Please could someone help me. I have just left my property in perfect condition but am being asked for paying a cleaning bill for:
1. Glass table in the living room is smeary.
2. Kitchen cupboards and drawers require wiping out.
3. Oven glass on door requires cleaning. Bottom of the oven very dirty.
4. Kitchen sink requires bleaching.
5. Washing machine drawer dirty.
6. Fridge is clean but bad smell coming from it, requires disinfectant to remove smell.
7. Floor requires a hoover and mopping.
8. Dirty rags left in kitchen cupboard.
9. Kitchen skirting boards require wiping down.
10. Bathroom shower screen requires cleaning.
11. Bathroom sink and taps require cleaning.
12. Mirrors on bathroom unit require cleaning.
13. Bedroom that is split into two. Stains on door require wiping down. Window ledges require wiping down.
14. The property has been hoovered but there a few bits on the carpets in particular by the front door that require hoovering.
furthermore i am being asked to pay for a replacement for curtain blinds which always half opened. They are saying that its broken but there is a stopper of some sort which just did not allow me to up it fully up. I complained about this but they did nothing. I decided to use my energy to get the landlords to fix the hot water and heating which took two weeks to fix and then stopped working again. I also reported the garden fence breaking due to wind.
I spent two whole weeks cleaning the place and cleaned it better than the standard that it was given to me. I emailed them this reply:
1. Glass table in the living room is smeary.– when we moved in the old table had not been cleaned. However, before leaving i gave it a whipping. I did not double check to see if it was smeary.
2. Kitchen cupboards and drawers require wiping out.- The kitchen cupboards were thoroughly cleaned and emptied. When we moved in there were cobwebs and dust in these drawers.
3. Oven glass on door requires cleaning. Bottom of the oven very dirty.– the oven glass was cleaned. I did not have have a screwdriver to open up the glass and clean it from the inside. Nor was it clean from the inside when we moved in. You can check that the oven was perfectly cleaned. You can move it and see the floor sides ect.
4. Kitchen sink requires bleaching.– The kitchen sink was bleached and cleaned. It is left in the exact same state that it was given to us. It had certain stains which i have never been able to get removed.
5. Washing machine drawer dirty.– This could be the case as i only put the machine on self-clean and did not double check.
6. Fridge is clean but bad smell coming from it, requires disinfectant to remove smell.- The fridge draws and units were thoroughly cleaned. When i left it there was no bad smell coming. I had used anti bacterial spray which gave it a lemon smell.
7. Floor requires a hoover and mopping.- all the floors were hoovered and mopped. The floor is quite old and had marks which existed before i came in.
8. Dirty rags left in kitchen cupboard.– These are the same rags which were originally left there. There was also two towels which were left there and have not been removed from the property as they were not ours to take.
9. Kitchen skirting boards require wiping down.- i believe this was wiped down and left in the exact state we were given it.
10. Bathroom shower screen requires cleaning.- The shower screen always had these stains in them which icould not get rid of.
11. Bathroom sink and taps require cleaning.– The sink and taps were left as they were given it us. Nevertheless they were cleaned.
12. Mirrors on bathroom unit require cleaning.- Both the mirrors in the bathroom were definitely cleaned. The bathroom window was left open which could have caused the back on of one of my mirrors near the window to have water marks.
13. Bedroom that is split into two. Stains on door require wiping down. Window ledges require wiping down.-window ledges and doors were wiped and left in the same state that they were given to us.
14. The property has been hoovered but there a few bits on the carpets in particular by the front door that require hovering.– the windows to the freezer was left open as i had informed earlier that it was not defreezing. In order to avoid the smell the window in the downstairs area was left open as well as the room.
The cleaners estimate a cost of between £50-£60, we will be able to confirm the amount tomorrow.- This is a very high cost. If possible could i please hire a cleaner of my own choosing.
Also from my phone call you have raised so many issues yet tenants have already moved in. I left the place in a much cleaning state than what it was given to me in. The ledges and doors were cleaned so thoroughly that i used a toothbrush to get to all the small spots.
The blind in the living room is broken, we are awaiting a price from the Landlord to replace the blind.- the blind has not been broken. It was always in this state it half opened. This issue was reported to you when viewing were being carried out. The late reporting was due to the fact that we had other major issues such as the hot water and heating not working for over two weeks. Also the garden fence was reported to your previously. Despite me reporting these both issues to you they were never resolved. Just highlighting this in case this is later raised as an issue.