I am currently 7 months pregnant and due to ongoing issues with our landlord we would like to vacate before our end of tenancy – February 2017.
Our landlord served us notice after the first few months due to us having some standing order issues – all of the rent payments were on time and never late but she sent reminders through at 9am on the day the rent was due. Sometimes this was due to us being paid on the same day and the standing order not going out until later that day.
She then decided to retract this notice and offered for us to stay a few months later due to “personal circumstances”. We asked her if we were able to resign for a further year there and then as I was pregnant and we required some security. She declined to do this but has not confirmed or denied whether she is looking to keep us on as tenants after this date.
We have just had some issues with our boiler which she is slightly neglecting to fix as she cannot afford to fully replace the boiler as needed and is trying to seek payment from us to do so.
We do not think she will resign with us in Feb so have decided that due to the timing – i.e. I will have just given birth mere weeks previous and having a newborn in toe – we would like to move a few months earlier. Unfortunately we don’t think we really have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to ending the tenancy early.
Any advise? The letting agents are relatively useless and just advise us to “speak with the landlord” and we don’t feel like we have much control over the situation. This is obviously effecting my wellbeing a little.
Any help would be appreciated 🙂