The gas fire in our privately rented home started leaking gas at the beginning of this year. The agency’s plumber came over and turn off the isolation valve and said he would feedback to the agency about the fact the whole fire needed replacing due to it age.
Despite asking them on several occasions, we’ve only just been told it isn’t being replaced or removed. I’m worried that the children might turn the valve back on as it’s floor level and right next to the fire.
I cant make out from the legislation wether this goes against it or not. Can anyone advise? Surely it should be disconnected if it’s faulty?