Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Safety 

start a new discussion

gas saftey

2 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
236 views 1 replies latest reply: 19 July 2016

hi my name is robert scott i have a wife and a Disabled son who is 2 im having problems with my landlord and really done know what to do. i have libed in a private rented propitie for just over 2 years a gas safety check was done in december 2013 and the landlord hasnt done any gad safety check since then so what do i do about it?and i was at the understanding it had to be done every year? 


Hi Rob,

This is a very serious breach of regulations that could see the Landlord fined or even imprisoned. I would give him 48 hours to have the inspection completed by a Gas Safe engineer otherwise I would report the matter to the Health & Safety Executive who will, most likely, prosecute him. See:

However, if you are otherwise happy with your home, I would offer the Landlord for you to arrange and pay for and deduct from your rent- you should be looking at a cost of around £80 but do check forst with some local ‘Gas Safe’ registered engineers.

Hope that helps.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply