Im facing a bit of an upset in the property weve been in. I will try and condense the who thinng as much as possible!
Me and my partner have wanted a dog for ages but couldnt due to the fact we were in a flat, now we have a garden we decided to approach the agent to request we be allowed to get a dog. I sent them an email, trying to lay theirs and the landlords fears to rest as much as possibly by offering to pay any extra deposit required, by making sure the dog would never be left at home, we have a family member with dogs who would look after it whilst we were at work or doggy day care, by getting the place professionally cleaned upon our leaving, being ok with more regular inspections to check the property, its also a breed that doesnt shed hardly at all so less mess.
in the tenancy agreement it says no pets without consent etc and ‘in the event any animal is approved the tenant agrees to pay an immediate non refundable fee of £75 plus vat in the event further deodorising and de-infestation is necessary at the end of the tenancy’
Long and short of it i heard nothing from the letting agent to texted the landlord to see if they had contacted him (he has contacted me via mobile before) and he point blank refused to allow a dog, i replied saying i understand, and not to think me rude but is there any way we could come to some sort of agreement with regards to it. and he text back saying ‘we are not prepared to allow a dog’.
I dont want to push the matter any further with him obviosuly but i am a bit upset. I know the landlord doesnt know us but we did everything properly, tried to ensure there would be no financial impact on thr lanlord, pay whatever they wanted really (thats how much we want a dog).
I guess i just dont know what to do really, weve tried to relieve any financial worries for the landlord but i find it a bit unreasonable.