help about housing beenefit | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

start a new discussion

help about housing beenefit

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
569 views 1 replies latest reply: 19 September 2014

Can anyone on here help me out with this. I am a private tenant in Scotland currently on job seekers allowance so my housing benefit is paid for me. I got the chance of a job on 24 hours a week n my take home pay after tax would be £140 a week will I be entitled to get my housing benefit paid for me

Get up to £120 in discounts !

Save 10% on 25+ services for your home and garden when you book with Fantastic Services !

Book now and use promo code FTTV10* to receive 10% OFF the price of 25+ services for your home and garden !

Get 10% OFF the price of your service with our promocode:

  • 10% OFF End of tenancy cleaning
  • 10% OFF Removals
  • 10% OFF Handyman services
  • 10% OFF Garden Maintenance
  • 10% OFF Carpet cleaning
  • 10% OFF 25+ more services for your home and garden

*Use code: FTTV10 to get 10% OFF all services (Excluding Locksmith Services).

Minimum charges and T&C apply! Can not be combined with other offers and discounts. No expiry date.


Hi Katie,

If you are on a low income, whether you are working or not, and need financial help to pay all or part of your rent, you may be able to get housing benefit. All Housing Benefit claims are processed by local authorities on behalf of the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). To make a claim or if you need information about the rules for qualifying for a claim, contact your local authority.

All the best with your new job.

Disclaimer: This information is derived from personal experience and should not be relied upon as a definitive or accurate interpretation of the law.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply