Landlord address request is declined – please help | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Tenant rights 

start a new discussion

Landlord address request is declined - please help

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
732 views 2 replies latest reply: 30 April 2015

Hi All,

I have vacated the rented property, but my deposit is not released yet. The agent tries to make significant unfair reductions and I am considering to take the case to the court. For this reason I asked the address of my landlord from the agent, which refused to give me stating that I am no longer tenant and have no right to obtain landlord’s address under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, Section 1. Instead they give me their office address and offer to send correspondence to them.

Can you please advice me if they are correct or not that my right to obtain ladlord’s address no longer exists?

many thanks for your replies!!

Get up to £120 in discounts !

Save 10% on 25+ services for your home and garden when you book with Fantastic Services !

Book now and use promo code FTTV10* to receive 10% OFF the price of 25+ services for your home and garden !

Get 10% OFF the price of your service with our promocode:

  • 10% OFF End of tenancy cleaning
  • 10% OFF Removals
  • 10% OFF Handyman services
  • 10% OFF Garden Maintenance
  • 10% OFF Carpet cleaning
  • 10% OFF 25+ more services for your home and garden

*Use code: FTTV10 to get 10% OFF all services (Excluding Locksmith Services).

Minimum charges and T&C apply! Can not be combined with other offers and discounts. No expiry date.


The landlords details will be on the AST.  The agent is talking rubbish.  No need to threaten them with court action, find out where your deposit was registered and speak to them


There’s some information here on the process of disputing anything the landlord wants to keep in terms of your deposit. Basically, you need to find out which deposit protection scheme your deposit was registered with – the agent should have given you this information within 30 days of you moving in. You then contact that scheme and tell them you want to raise a dispute over the deposit return and they will tell you want to do next.

You can also get the landlord’s address from the Land Registry if you can’t see it on the tenancy (the Assured Shorthold Tenancy).


Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply