Ive asked repeatedly to the landlord to resolve some items so can someone advise where I go from here as they’re simply not getting them done. I have emailed and called, and left messages but nothing is happening or they’re not responding. Also, is there anything I can claim back?
I moved into a property over a month ago. Prior to moving in it was agreed that the house would be cleaned top to bottom and the exterior would be cleared. On the day I collected the keys the estate agent owner was in the middle of a very quick effort to move some items into the waste bins from outside, but by no means cleared everything. As for the inside, nothing had been done so I requested a cleaner as the house was greasy, grimey, sticky and disgusting (faeces in the toilet too). The cleaner spent two days but more was needed by myself such as removing mouse droppings in cupboards/under the bath, etc.
Outstanding items that I’ve asked repeatedly for:
1. Bedroom door for my daughter – she’s had to sleep in my room since we moved in as without a door her room is cold and I’d say unsafe too. Could I claim back for a two bed house rent amount instead of a three bed as the room is unusable as a bedroom without a door
2. Oven doesn’t work – I’ve asked for it to be repaired or to plumb in my old standalone one
3. Kitchen tap leaks – this is currently held together with a rubber band I fixed to stop wasting water I’m paying for
4. Bathroom taps – can get stuck and have to force them to turn
5. Clear the exterior of the house – as agreed prior to tenancy
6. The kitchen is in a very poor state. Some cupboards are rotting/mouldy and most of the kitchen is sticky with grease/grime. Some drawers don’t function and some areas are in disrepair.
7. There are areas of the kitchen and pantry that smell of dog urine and a cupboard that is stained with it.