landlord treating me unfairly | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Complaints and disputes 

start a new discussion

landlord treating me unfairly

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
828 views 1 replies latest reply: 15 April 2015

Hi, my landlord has been saying hurtful things about me to my other housemate and has been treating me unfairly. My landlord told my housemate that if I move out he will decrease the rent for everyone. The thing is I did nothing to him and my housemate is the one that throws the parties, but my landlord treats him way better. I just don’t know what to do.


Get up to £120 in discounts !

Save 10% on 25+ services for your home and garden when you book with Fantastic Services !

Book now and use promo code FTTV10* to receive 10% OFF the price of 25+ services for your home and garden !

Get 10% OFF the price of your service with our promocode:

  • 10% OFF End of tenancy cleaning
  • 10% OFF Removals
  • 10% OFF Handyman services
  • 10% OFF Garden Maintenance
  • 10% OFF Carpet cleaning
  • 10% OFF 25+ more services for your home and garden

*Use code: FTTV10 to get 10% OFF all services (Excluding Locksmith Services).

Minimum charges and T&C apply! Can not be combined with other offers and discounts. No expiry date.


Hi Cathy

It’s hard to know what to do in these situations but your landlord can’t treat you like that. You could well have a claim for harassment as this includes a landlord ‘acting in a way that is meant to make you leave your home.’ There’s more information on harassment here.

I would contact your landlord in writing – write a calm and non-aggressive letter just setting out what you believe has happened and asking him to stop. If he continues, follow up with a second written communication mentioning that you feel like he is harassing you and that if that doesn’t stop then you will be seeking advice on the right action to take. This is what I would do as an individual, I’m not a lawyer – but you can get legal advice from a law centre or Citizen’s Advice.

I’m not sure of your circumstances but it might be worth considering moving – this person obviously has some sort of issue and isn’t professional enough to not get personal so you might be better off somewhere else.


Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply