My landlord has issued a Claim for Posession! HELP 🙁
My landlord has submitted a claim and now I have a form for defense. I have been abused by the landlord over 4 years and last year I finally managed to have the council serve a notice for repairs which were done in the worst manner possible.
I know the following:
1. I was never given details of my tenancy deposit being protected until now where I have seen them for the first time 4 years on.
2. The name on the claim form for the landlord is the wrong surname
3. The council requires a landlord to have a licence prior to submitting a section 21 and this was not done.
4. The court application for possession was made prior to the end of the fixed term of the assured shorthold which is June 29th and this was submitted on 26th May.
5. The second landlord (as there are two), does not reside at the address stated on the claim form. There are two boxes for two people and the second one is blank.
What about issuing a counter claim for breach of contract under the Housing Act and Landlord and Tenant act for failing to carry out repairs once being notified in reasonable time for a period for 4 years? When would one submit this claim as a counter or is that done as an entirely separate matter in the courts?