This is my first post so I shall try to keep it short. Me and my partner moved into a property in Friday, upon arrival the estate agent rep handed over the inventory and did meter readings etc. We have since been discovering a few things wrong in the house and we aren’t sure how to approach the agent (who will then contact the landlord)
– the kitchen tap is loose and leaks from the join slightly ( but constantly) onto the draining board.
– the shower/bath mixer tap is quite loose and won’t switch over from shower fill to bath.
– the heating/hot water control panel won’t start up, tried looking for a battery but it’s a sealed unit, so I can only assume at the moment our hot water is on constant rather than timed.
– we got told when we viewed there would be no fridge with the property, so we bought a fridge freezer however they won’t remove the one that’s here and kind of shrugged and said they don’t know why we were told it wasnt included.
– all the toilet seats are loose, we’ve tried tightening them but it doesn’t work, I understand this sounds silly but if we were to replace with our own and then put the originals back when we move, they try and blame us for them wobbling?
I don’t want to give the impression I’m picky, im just not sure how to handle the situation with the agent, I don’t want to create any bad feelings in our first week here!
Thanks in advance!