No Running Water and No Help | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Repairs 

start a new discussion

No Running Water and No Help

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
143 views 1 replies latest reply: 30 June 2017


This is my first time posting to this forum – I’ve had problems over the years, but I’m now seriously at my wit’s end. 

There’s been no running water in the flat my wife and I rent since this morning. We’re the top flat in a one-up-one-down Tyneside flat. I have been away on business for a few days, but when the wife’s attempt to sort it went nowhere, I got involved using my mobile and the internet.

I’ve been in touch with the estate agent and out-of-hours plumber. Both have guessed the problem is that the downstairs landlord must have switched the communal stopcock off, but I disputed this, pointed out that downstairs has been empty for months and the downstairs landlord doesn’t live nearby. We’ve been told to contact the downstairs landlord and ask him to do it for us, but we have no contact details whatsoever and don’t know if there is an agent involved with the property.

We have never been told where the stopcock is, so I don’t even know if we really do have a communal stopcock. Neither hot nor cold water is running.

I have tried our water supplier, who say they can’t do anything.


Get up to £120 in discounts !

Save 10% on 25+ services for your home and garden when you book with Fantastic Services !

Book now and use promo code FTTV10* to receive 10% OFF the price of 25+ services for your home and garden !

Get 10% OFF the price of your service with our promocode:

  • 10% OFF End of tenancy cleaning
  • 10% OFF Removals
  • 10% OFF Handyman services
  • 10% OFF Garden Maintenance
  • 10% OFF Carpet cleaning
  • 10% OFF 25+ more services for your home and garden

*Use code: FTTV10 to get 10% OFF all services (Excluding Locksmith Services).

Minimum charges and T&C apply! Can not be combined with other offers and discounts. No expiry date.


Can’t your water supplier give you the contact details for the owner below ? 

Other than that, you can try the HM Land registry, where you can find who is the owner of the property below. 

Also, contact you own landlord who will likely know their neighbor and their contact details. 

Also, contact the agent and tell them to either start working on the solution, or you’re contacting the council and causing a fuss. (You can request a health and safety inspection to confirm the lack of water supply, which is the landlord’s responsibility to provide.)

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply