New to the forum and posting my first question; of course will be grateful for your kind advice / any pointers.
As private tenants (which seem to be the biggest sin of one’s life), we were given a section 21 notice on 20th Nov 2016, which expires on 20th Jan (last date for tenancy as per the notice). It seems that we haven’t been able to find/secure a suitable property in time but we have secured a property that is available Mid April 2017, hence in a tricky situation on our hands now.
Family with toddlers…DEFINITELY plan to move in April as stated above!
Please if you can share some advice on the below questions: (thanks in advance)
- I have asked the letting agents/landlord to extend the notice or retract the notice etc. , explaining the situation on hand, that we can move out mid April. They’ve refused to accommodate this situation, and have said that the notice stands as is. What will happen if we were to stay beyond the end date as per the notice?
- What is the accelerated possession procedure (APP) step by step please? Especially the avg. timescales for it? Steps?
- Is it worth for the landlord to go on the court possession order track? Considering we’re only asking for just over two more months!
- Never any missed rent payments or any other issues, absolutely a ‘no fault’ notice, will a possession order in favour of the landlords cause a CCJ or similar item to appear on our file / credit history etc.?
- Are we able to explain the situation as our defense/provide more info in the form that will be sent to us with the possession order? Will it help the cause?
- The fact that we have toddlers with us, is it going to help the cause in this to stop the possession order? Or to achieve a delayed/suspended possession order till April?
- anyone with similar previous experience to share some info?
I’ll be awaiting some helpful feedback/information on the above.