My parents have sold their house to free the money and move into a rented property.
The checks being made by The Landlords Hub are exceptional. They have required:
1. the last two years statements on the Easy Saver account showing the £273,000 cash they have and what amounts have been paid out so that they can make an assessment of them being able to pay next years rent.
2. A full years rent in advance (£12,000)
3. 6 months statements from my Fathers ISA account
4. 6 months statements from my Fathers personal account
5. Copies of the P60 from each of the four [personal pension plans he is drawing on.
6. 3 months bank statements from my Mother
7. P60 of my Mother pension plan
8. Consent forms for both had to be downloaded, signed and emailed back allowing The Landlord hub to make checks
My parents are due to move out of their home in six weeks and we are still waiting for The Landlords Hub to say if they are approved and will be allowed to move into the new house.
You can not find a telephone number on the Landlords Hub to call them but have to look up their Whois on line and get who the website is registered to and call them. there is a contact form on line but it takes several days for the to respond.
My parents are worried and not sleeping due to all these checks and concern that their personal identities, their address, bank details, credit cards, telephone numbers, etc are all now copied.
i know the the Landlords Hub will say that they are set up in a proper manner but that doesn’t stop any of their employees copying and passing themselves off as my parents.
It is no wonder that so many tennents are failing to pass the checks when the checks seem to exceed all expectations.