View Documents | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Tenant rights 

start a new discussion

View Documents

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
498 views 1 replies latest reply: 09 June 2016

Hi All.,

As a teannant do I have the rights to ask to see, permission from the Mortgage company that the landlord can let his property out.?

It also mentions that the landlord has to have adequate insureance in place for the property, can I ask to see this also.

Get up to £120 in discounts !

Save 10% on 25+ services for your home and garden when you book with Fantastic Services !

Book now and use promo code FTTV10* to receive 10% OFF the price of 25+ services for your home and garden !

Get 10% OFF the price of your service with our promocode:

  • 10% OFF End of tenancy cleaning
  • 10% OFF Removals
  • 10% OFF Handyman services
  • 10% OFF Garden Maintenance
  • 10% OFF Carpet cleaning
  • 10% OFF 25+ more services for your home and garden

*Use code: FTTV10 to get 10% OFF all services (Excluding Locksmith Services).

Minimum charges and T&C apply! Can not be combined with other offers and discounts. No expiry date.


Hi Denis,

This is a very unusual request. It is common for Relocation Agents representing huge coprporates to request this but this is to fulfil their obligations under contract to their client. You can ask, but I doubt many Landlords would consent to release this. If you are determined to find out, you can purchase the Title Register online for around £3 and this will disclose the lender- you can then contact them directly and raise the request however they may not give you anything due to Data Protection Act laws.

As for Insurance, if the lender has a mortgage they will require insurance. If the property is a flat in a block it is usually a building policy- however the insirance os to protect the property and him so the cover is not really your entitlement.

As stated, you can ask but I dont think you will be supplied with either of these.

Hope that haleps- Kristjan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply