Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Tenant responsibilities 

start a new discussion

What insurance to get that covers liability & accidental damage to rental property?

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
988 views 1 replies latest reply: 15 December 2015

Hi all!

Just recently moved into a rental property a few days ago.. was wondering what insurance to take out that will cover me for accidental damage to the property, if I for e.g flood the laundry when the hose from my washing machine water supply comes off when I’m not home?? Liability is my main concern??..


Hi Wayne

Normally, your damage deposit would be used to pay for something like that – if it was you that had caused the damage. If the washing machine belonged to the landlord then you wouldn’t be responsible unless it was something you had done that had caused the flood (as far as I know, I’m not a lawyer).

However, if you want insurance, this looks quite helpful.



Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply