Who is responsible for insurance? | The Tenants' Voice
Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Topics / Tenant responsibilities 

start a new discussion

Who is responsible for insurance?

4 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this discussion useful.
677 views 1 replies latest reply: 19 November 2014

Looking into renting my first place (and getting out from under parents feet).  They are telling me I should get contents insurance when I find a place, but I don’t know if it’s worth doing – Anyone?


You will be responsible for insuring your own contents this is however not a requirement and I would suggest just bearing in mind the cost of the contents and whether it is worth taking out a policy.
You are also liable for ant damage made to the landlords contents so you should also keep this is mind.  The landlord insurance will cover any major damage such as fire etc as long as it is a policy for rented accommodation however this is there resposonsibility.
hope this helps
kind regards

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments
start a new discussion

Post a reply