Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Q: I damaged the wiring by accidentally tugging it or tripping on it and now a plug/switch won’t work. Is this my responsibility?

1 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this article useful.
last updated: 25 Sep 2013 report a problem

No, it is your landlord’s. Building regulations state that electrical wires must be protected and covered. In other words it should not have been possible for you to damage them. Your landlord should fix the wiring so that it cannot be seen or touched by tenants.