Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Q: My landlord is reluctant to get in decorators to sort a small area of damage on one wall, but it bugs me; it makes the room look tatty. What should I do?

0 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this article useful.
last updated: 24 Jan 2014 report a problem

If it is a very small job and your landlord is unlikely to call in decorators or attend to it, unless you send polite, though assertive letters or emails asking for the problem to be addressed. TTV suggests you consider doing it yourself and charging the landlord. However, be sure to alert the landlord to the damage and strike a deal before repairing it. A tin of paint and a few pounds off the rent is probably far more appealing to your landlord than calling in decorators.