Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Q: I am self-employed and am worried that my past 3 years tax statements will not be enough to secure me a new tenancy agreement. What can I do?

5 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this article useful.
last updated: 19 Sep 2014 report a problem

A. Providing some extra incentive to a prospective landlord/letting agent could secure you a tenancy. For example, you could offer to pay a larger deposit, pay 3 months’ rent in advance, have a guarantor, and/or provide a letter from your accountant stating your business situation and indicating that you can easily pay your rent. The best thing to do is ask the landlord/letting agent what they need in addition to your statements.