Cookies must be enabled for this site to function properly

Q: What information needs to accompany my social housing application form?

1 helpful votes
This is the number of people who have indicated that they have found this article useful.
last updated: 25 Sep 2013 report a problem

Councils usually ask for the following information and documents as standard procedure and may need to see original copies of important paperwork so you are advised to make photocopies for your own records:

  • Full names and dates of birth of all household members
  • National Insurance numbers for all household members over 16
  • Details of immigration status for all household members
  • Full address history for the last 5 years for sole or joint applicants, including date moved in, date left and full post code for each address
  • Details of anyone who requires support from, or gives support to the household
  • Details of significant health or disability issues of any household member and/or relevant disability benefits
  • Details of any support worker and/or someone you might wish to deal with your application on your behalf
  • Details of whether any household member is related to a Council employee or Waltham Forest councillor
  • Details of any action taken against any household member due to anti-social behaviour or eviction for rent arrears