0 Questions answered
0 Helpful Votes
Pros: - Lee in-branch staff are good
- They're cheaper than the competition...
Cons - ...they're cheaper for a reason.
- Appalling/non existent levels of customer service, multiple phone calls and emails completely ignored on a routine basis by multiple members of staff
- Lacking in professional knowledge, don't know how Tenancy Dispute Service works, lettings staff don't having working knowledge of lettings agreement and T/Cs drawn up by Peter James themselvesstaff can't grasp the concept of a 'working day'
- Staff attempt to intimidate both tenants and landlords by threatening charges for issues they don't want to deal with
- Staff lie about/cover up their own poor service, such as submitting a claim to the TDS a month late then blaming the TDS
I have reported Peter James to the Property Ombudsman over the above as they are an atrocious firm to deal with. Nearly five months after the end of my rental I am over £1000 out of pocket, after needing to carry out multiple repair works after the so called 'professional' tenants Peter James found for me trashed my flat. To this day I still haven't received a penny of it, the main reason my final con above.
Peter James also instructed an authorised repair during the tenancy (which they of course charged me for despite the tenants being responsible for the damage), which wasn't successful and didn't resolve the issue. Following complaints from both the tenants and myself, they then proceeded to do sweet FA to resolve the botched 'repair' and tried to insist I needed to spend another £180 to fix it! Since the tenancy ended they have categorically refused to refund me for this charge, despite a mound of written evidence pointing to their culpability.
In summary, with Peter James you get what you pay for - a lousy, unprofessional service where they will lie and cheat their way into extracting as much cash from you as they can.show detailed ratings